(as of Apr 09, 2022 11:06:01 UTC – Details)
Fly stunts, shoot fast videos with EZ Shots and learn more about drones with coding training Get a Tello to find out how great a drone can fly!
NOTE: Remote control images are for illustration only, remote control must be purchased separately.
EXTREMELY LIGHTWEIGHT: This small drone fits in your palm and only weighs 80g. However, its durable design combined with DJI’s flight technologies ensure that you can always fly with confidence
PERFORM FLYING STUNTS: You can also perform eight different flips by sliding your finger on the screen as well as letting it fly up and down from your hand in Bounce Mode
13 MIN FLIGHT TIME: Tello’s high-capacity battery offers an impressively long flight time, giving it one of the longest flight times in the mini-drone category
PROGRAMMABLE: You can learn the basics of programming while having fun. By using Scratch, an MIT-developed coding system, you will be able to program your own flight patterns with the Tello
IN THE BOX: Aircraft x 1; Propellers (Pair) x 4; Propeller Guards (Set) x 1; Battery x 1; Micro USB Cable x 1
We have a generous refund policy. If you have purchased from one of our approved vendors on the platform, the best place to start is to request the warranty on your orders page. They may be able to help you with the issue. Please click on the “request warranty” button from your orders page and you would able to raise a warranty request.
If you want to request support from AerialBuz, please request a warranty or further support please email the support team at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please select the following reasons while raising an RMA/warranty.
- Unwanted Item. This covers cases where the customer either changed their mind or received an item that was not part of their order and they feel obliged to return it.
- Item is defective. This involves items that are broken or simply don’t work upon receipt by the customer.
- Unauthorised Purchase. This covers cases where someone (oftentimes a child) placed an order on your account.
- The item was not received by the estimated delivery date. This covers cases where the shipment arrived too late. Customers will usually use this reason when the item was intended for a specific date, such as a birthday.
- Accidentally ordered the wrong item. This is for when customers meant to make a purchase but mistakenly ordered something else. It also covers items that were bought by mistake, as when the shopper accidentally hits the Buy Now button or forgot to remove it from their cart before checking out.
- The product is not as described on the website. This is for cases when your website or listing displays something different (usually in color or some other feature) than the one actually shipped to the customer.
- Any other reasons?